It may be important to consider getting legal  information, advice and/or representation.  You may want to know how to apply for a intervention order or find out more about criminal charges laid against your partner.  You may want some information about family law matters in relation to your children and property.   It can also be useful to know your legal rights in relation to income support (Centrelink) and child support.  If you have recently arrived in Australia or do not have permanent residency, it is important to know about immigration law.

The section covers: