Services for women and children:
- safe, supported crisis accommodation
- outreach support to women and children in the community
- short term telephone counselling for domestic and family violence
- assistance for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and women from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- access for women with disabilities
- domestic and family violence support groups for women and children
- referral and information about:
- health, drug and alcohol issues
- legal matters
- accessing income support
- accessing independent, affordable housing
- support with issues relating to Immigration
Training and Professional Development for workers and community
We can provide tailored training packages and professional development workshops/seminars about the dynamics and effects of domestic violence for workers in other agencies such as counsellors, mediators, police, nurses, social/youth workers, volunteers, legal practitioners, teachers and community workers. These can be tailored to meet the specific needs of the agency.
We can design and facilitate workshops and seminars to raise awareness and understanding about domestic violence and its effects. These can be tailored to meet the specific needs of the community organisation.
For further information, please contact us and ask to speak with the Community Development Manager.