Our mission statement
The mission of Central Domestic Violence Service is to:
Provide a specialised, accessible and flexible model of service delivery to women and children experiencing domestic and family violence and to contribute actively to continued improvements in domestic violence responses.
Central Domestic Violence Service key result areas include:
- early intervention and prevention
- crisis and post crisis support
- integrated responses through partnerships
- organisation viability.
At Central Domestic Violence Service, we:
- ensure service can provide equitable access for current and potential clients of the service
- deliver responses which are client centred, strengths based and responsive to individual needs and informed by client input
- work in partnership with key stakeholders to develop integrated responses that promote positive outcomes for women and children experiencing domestic and family violence
- advocate to all levels of government and the community to strive for the elimination of violence against women and children
- provide ongoing professional development for staff which ensures that practice is accountable, specialised, consistent, ethical and evidence-based
- deliver an ongoing viable organisation which is committed to best practice standards and is at the forefront of responses to domestic violence
- facilitate and promote pathways for women to long term safe housing arrangements.